Wild Fibers Sommer 2013
Aus dem Inhaltsverzeichnis
- Discovering Afghanistan's Softer Side
Afghanistan's Hindu Kush mountains are as legendary as the pastoralists who have
survived within its shadows for centuries.
- Sheep to Shop: Uncle Sam's Flying Carpet
Learn the extraordinary story behind the Afghan carpet industry and what the US
Department of Commerce is doing to promote the ancient traditions.
- Reflections on Afghanistan
A photo essay of the people who help define Afghanistan's identity.
- Working the Crowd
For boys and men, it's all work and no play except on this one very
special and "wild" day.
- Days of Danger! One Ranching Family's Summer Story
Special contributing editor Carolyn Dufurrena recounts the anguish and
evastation from the fire that engulfed their ranch in August 2012.
- Rabia Maryam: One extraordinary woman changing the lives of thousands
Rabia Maryam is the "silk queen" of Mazar! There is no one in her class.
- Oh Lord, The Deer Have Vanished!
Britain's little "black sheep" usurps the noble pastures.
Letzte Änderung: 27.7.13
durch Alexandra Weikert
Zurück zur Wild Fibers.
Zurück zur Hauptseite.